There was a gas leak during the recent episode of American Idol that caused quite the commotion. Katy Perry appeared to collapse during the episode of the singing competition that aired Sunday on ABC. The show’s judges – Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie – were at their table when a smell became noticeable.
The gas leak, which was caused by a pilot light in the kitchen, was taken care of and three of the firefighters who responded tried their hand at “auditioning” for the show singing the Richie hit “All Night Long.”
They all received golden tickets, normally given to contestants to send them through to the next round in Hollywood.
Katy posted afterwards, with a video of her thanking the firefighters personally.
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) February 24, 2020