Sleep is one of the most important things for your body. Without it brain no work good. See what I mean… It is important to get the rest you need and there are several steps you can take to avoid laying in bed trying to go to sleep. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your shut eye!
- Consistency is key! Your body will get used to a schedule so try and maintain one.
- No Light – It’s easier to fall asleep in the dark!
- No Electronics! They are a distraction and give off blue light which is not conducive to your sleep cycle.
- Avoid stressful things before you go to bed. It’s better to take them on the next day with a clear, rested head!
- Relax before bed. Think of it as a sleep appetizer.
- Quiet your environment.
- Avoid caffeine and if you must drink something before resting try herbal tea