The Missouri School Board Association released a 98-page document this week outlining suggestions for local school districts.
These poor students can’t catch a break! The current school year ended unconventionally and it looks like the upcoming 2020/2021 school year will be similar. Here are their suggestions:
- Alternating school days for different grade levels, perhaps some grade levels attend in the morning and others in the afternoon.
- Year-round school with alternate breaks to reduce the number of students in a building.
- In-person class for younger kids with social distancing enforced, more virtual/online opportunities for older grade levels.
- Limiting extracurricular activities.
- Alternating recess to limit the number of students on the playground.
- Canceling or adjusting sporting events that bring large groups of people together.
What do you think of these possible changes?